Acacia is a chapter in a plant encyclopedia that can be found by Maria in the Born from a Wish scenario from Silent Hill 2. The book is found on a coffee table in the lounge room, on the second floor of the Baldwin Mansion.
Acacia is a genus of evergreen trees which in the past has served as an important symbol of life and morality in many religious beliefs. It fits the common theme of rebirth, which is present during Maria's time in the Baldwin Mansion.
- "A genus of evergreen trees of the
- mimosa tribe of the pea family.
- Its tiny flowers are yellow or white
- and grow in clusters. Common
- varieties include the 'gum tree'.
- The Acacia tree is a potent symbol
- in many religions across the world.
- In Christianity it represents eternal
- life and morality.
- In Ancient Egypt it represented
- purity and rebirth, while in ancient
- Babylonia it was thought of as the
- tree of the goddess Ishtar and was
- a symbol of life.
- It was also a holy tree to the
- Ancient Jews, who built the sacred
- Ark of the Covenant from it and
- for whom it signified a peaceful
- death and a release from grief."
- Early ports with this sub-scenario have the misspelling "Covenenant".
- It is possible that an essence of the acacia plant is an ingredient of the White Chrism.