Begun on March 16th, 2006, the Silent Hill Wiki has since grown to 2,187 articles, and covers multiple aspects of the Silent Hill universe, including the numerous game titles released by Konami, the 2006 film, and the series of comics published by IDW Publishing.
Articles content includes character information, puzzle solutions, item descriptions and game synopses. The wiki aims to be as professional as possible as it is the biggest Silent Hill encyclopedia on the internet. Silent Hill Wiki has forums, a chat room, blogs, and polls for everyone to participate in and discuss anything they like. The wiki is also affiliated with many other fan sites.
Silent Hill is a very mysterious, personal series. Many things in the series are open to interpretation, or have origins left unexplained. Silent Hill Wiki is edited by fans, for fans. Fans tend to hold varying beliefs and opinions about the series. While there are given facts in the series, there is also a lot of mystery in the series. The wiki should never be used in a manner which tries to impose various beliefs on the reader, or else it risks being biased. The wiki should try to be as general and neutral as possible, and debates should always be respectful and dealt with accordingly.
It should also be noted that wiki is an unofficial fansite, which has been edited by hundreds of visitors. Just because one user edits an article, it doesn't necessarily represent the view of the entire community of the wiki. Information added to the wiki always has the potential to be incorrect, however, the success of the wiki is also built upon this risk-taking and learning.
Where does Silent Hill Wiki gets its information?
- The primary information source are the games themselves, including the memos found in-game.
- The Book of Lost Memories provides a lot of information covering SH1-SH3, such as ages, occupations, etc.
- The game manuals. For example, Homecoming's reveals all of the character's ages.
- Some of the information has been obtained by deductive reasoning. For example, Another Crimson Tome states "Cynthia was 13 years old 16 years ago." 13+16=29, thus Cynthia is 29.
- The strategy guides contain some good info. For example, SH4's strategy guide reveals Walter was born 34 years ago.
- The novelizations of the games, written by Sadamu Yamashita in Japanese and translated by Lady Ducky to English. 
- In December 2012, the wiki achieved 2000 articles.
- In September 2012, the wiki achieved 1800 articles.
- In April 2012, the wiki achieved 1500 articles.
- In October 2011, the wiki achieved 1337 articles.
- The character page Perkins was our 800th article, created on July 18th, 2009.
- The Valve Puzzle has the distinction of being the Silent Hill Wiki's 750th article, created on July 9th, 2009.
- The wiki posted its 700th article on July 2nd, 2009.
- The wiki posted its 650th article on June 22nd, 2009.
Bureaucrats can do the following:
- Can promote and demote Admins, Site Moderators and Content Moderators
- Can promote new Bureaucrats
- Can grant rollback rights
- Inherits the same rights as Admins (see below)
Full Bureaucrat list can be found here
Admins can do the following:
- Can promote and demote Discussion Moderators and Chat Moderators
- Can block users
- Can edit the community skin and format
- Can edit white-listed MediaWiki pages
- Inherits the same rights as Site Moderators (see below)
Full Admin list can be found here
Site Moderators can do the following:
- Inherits the same rights as Content Moderators and Discussion Moderators (see below)
- Staurophobia (Jake)
Full Site Moderator list can be found here
Content Moderators can do the following:
- Can delete and move protected pages
- Can delete and move files
- Can undelete pages and files
- Can re-upload files
- Can protect and unprotect pages
- Inherits the same rights as Content Supporters (see below)
Discussion Moderators can do the following:
- Can remove and restore threads and replies from any user
- Can close and reopen threads
- Can manage forum boards, move threads from one board to another, and highlight and un-highlight threads
- Can delete blog comments
- Can edit and delete article comments
- Inherits the same rights as Chat Moderators (see below)
Content Supporters can do the following:
- Can undo bad edits with one click (rollback)
Full Content Supporter list can be found here
Chat Moderators can do the following:
- Can moderate chat